Who are we?
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management service provider, offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Hill Robinson’s services include:
• yacht sale and purchase;
• yacht management;
• yacht charter management (including sales);
• new build and refit project management;
• technical support;
• operational support;
• safety management;
• financial management (including budgeting and accounting);
• crew services (including selection, recruitment, employment and administration);
• client funds administration (including bank accounts and payment cards);
• property management;
• special projects and major projects;
• VSAT services;
• aircraft management;
• corporate management and administration;
• company secretarial;
• VAT registration and compliance; and
• Regulatory compliance.
Hill Robinson’s head office is at Second Floor, 14 Athol Street, Douglas. Isle of Man, IM1 1JA and the Hill Robinson Group includes:
• Hill Robinson International Ltd;
• Hill Robinson International Ltd (UK);
• Hill Robinson Admin Ltd;
• Hill Robinson Services Ltd;
• Hill Robinson Yacht Management Ltd;
• Hill Robinson España;
• Hill Robinson Inc;
• Hill Robinson Saudi;
• Yacht Management Consultants SARL;
• Moravia Yachting SAM;
• Hill Robinson Ltd;
Hill Robinson is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
Hill Robinson International Ltd at 201 Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, London, NW3 4QG, UK is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept securely.
What type of personal information is collected about you?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
The personal information we collect, store, and use about you might include the following categories:
• Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers and personal email addresses.
• Date of birth.
• Marital status, including spouse/partner and dependants.
• Next of kin and emergency contact information.
• Social security number(s) and payment details.
• Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information.
• Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information.
• Start and end dates for periods of employment or other work.
• Location of employment or workplace.
• Information relating to and/or contained in (including copies of) certificates of competence, licences or other professional qualifications held.
• Information relating to and/or contained in (including copies of) driving licence.
• Information relating to and/or contained in (including copies of) passport, identity card and/or other form of identification.
• Immigration status, including information relating to visas.
• Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, previous employment details, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
• Employment records (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships).
• Compensation history.
• Performance information.
• Disciplinary and grievance information.
• CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as swipecard records.
• Information about your use of our information and communications systems, including your IP addresses.
• Details of any visible tattoos.
• Dates on which you make contact with us.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
• Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
• Trade union membership.
• Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records, smoking habits, alcohol consumption and drug use.
• Genetic information and biometric data.
• Information about criminal convictions and offences.
How do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information about employees, workers and contactors through the application and recruitment process, either directly from candidates or sometimes from an employment agency or background check provider. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including former employers, credit reference agencies or other background check agencies.
We will collect additional personal information in the course of job-related activities throughout the period of you working for or with us.
We may obtain personal information about you (or your business) from other companies within the Hill Robinson Network and/or from these sources:
• when you contact us about products and services;
• when you use our products and services;
• when your employer contacts us about products and services;
• when your employer uses our products and services;
• when another client (or prospective client) contacts us about products and services;
• when another client uses our products and services;
• when you use our website, mobile device apps or social media;
• when you talk to us on the telephone;
• when you write to us, including by email or letter;
• when you send it to us (e.g. in connection with our crew placement services);
• in meetings or interviews;
• from your business card;
• from social media; and
• from advertisements.
We may also obtain personal information about you (or your business) from third parties that we work with, including:
• Companies that introduce you to us;
• Financial advisers;
• Credit reference agencies;
• Social networks;
• Fraud prevention agencies;
• Payroll service providers;
• Land agents;
• Public information sources such as companies registries;
• Agents working on our behalf
• Market researchers;
• Medical practitioners*; and
• Government and law enforcement agencies.
* In some circumstances, we may ask your doctor or other medical professional to send us a report. We will only do this if we get your consent first.
How will we use information about you?
Your privacy is protected by law. We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. This includes sharing it outside the Hill Robinson Network. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you.
• Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where you consent to it.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
• Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
• Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need all the categories of information in the list above:
• to allow us to perform our contract with you;
• to enable us to comply with legal obligations; and/or
• to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
A legitimate interest is where we have a business or commercial reason to use your personal information, whether for our own purposes or for those of third party. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is.
Here is a list of ways in which we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so. This list is not exhaustive. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are.